Day 8/365 - The secret? Discipline.

I made a new friend last week. We shared our life stories, and from a career perspective, he asked me "What's next?" I said, "MLM (Multi Level Marketing)."

What I learn from all my years in corporate and entrepreneurship is that a great company like Nu Skin with its fantastic products and business model is often undervalued by small-minded people. It is also widely misunderstood by wannabe entrepreneurs who lack knowledge or skills to appreciate all the leverage we get from Nu Skin business. Also, newbie entrepreneurs underestimate the time and energy it takes to build a strong, solid, sustainable brand. I say so because I was one of those people who didn't understand or appreciate MLM for a very very long time. It took me 7 years, looking on the sidelines and studying Nu Skin before I decided to play the game. And then, I realize, there is so much more I don't know! So much more I need to learn! So much more skillsets I need to acquire.

Nu Skin business, is a business of the heart. In my opinion, it is a remarkable  platform for people who are willing to work extremely hard on themselves as they do their jobs. It is about creating a business that I can be proud of. It is about helping people transform. And it is a sustainable business unless I am a "horrible friend and only in it for the money", eventually my ill-intentions will catch up with me.

How many of you like being taken for a ride or being treated for a fool? I sure as hell don't, so best first practice the Golden Rule. Treat others like how we want to be treated. Then upgrade to the Platinum Rule - treat others like how they would like to be treated. And do it constantly with consistency. Discipline.

That's the secret to life and to being successful in Nu Skin business. There is no shortcut. Use products, be the difference demonstrated, be proud of what we do and help people who want our help transform to the best version of themselves. Do this with discipline and over time, results will show.

Farming and cultivating meaningful relationships will take time. This business is a hard business for people who have no real friends and who is a terrible friend him/herself to begin with. The cold hard truth is, people who hang out with you, who work with you, who smile at you daily but would never hesitate to stab you in the back and put you down are simple not real friends. Also, if you are a real friend, you would not get your friends to stock up unnecessary products they won't need. If the products are needed, then that friend too needs to take accountability to diligently use them. Like I said, buying products and not consuming them with discipline would never show good results.

Discipline. That's the secret. Keep our promises to ourselves. Start small. To be a winner in the game of business, we must cultivate the winning mentality of "getting things done and showing results". To sustain it, it is all about discipline.

Don't underestimate what you can achieve doing little tasks in the long run and stop overestimating what you can achieve in the short run. Know what you want, put the activities in place and go get it. 20MDC. That's my target. What's yours?

Comments

Popular Posts