Day 3/365 - Practice self-love and be our own best friend

Today was harder than most days. Plagued by melancholy. Yes. I get those days too. Emotionally negative days when I do not feel like doing anything and I do not want to see anyone with low energy. Why? Because I know for certain that it will drag me down further.

My little wellness win is that I still got up at 530 am, reached my Bagua meditation point at 6ish and I completed what I needed to do (Yayy!) but I still feel like crap. I am functional, but barely.

I thought it would be good to understand this emotion. Emotions are our friends. They don't come without good reason. Unfortunately, unless you're one of those super mindful people, shoving these unwanted emotions to a side might be easier because digging for reasons why this emotion is here could lead down an unwanted dysfunctional spiral.

I came across this Power of Positivity post that said "so many years of education yet nobody ever taught us to love ourselves and why it's important". I know sadness is here because it wants me to practice authenticity. Stop putting on a mask when I am unhappy. Stop shoving away emotions because I need to be functional. There are 24 hours in a day. Our emotions are like children. Just give it the attention it needs, no need to indulge them or let them lead is astray. Be form and objective. Lean-in. Listen to our heart and what it is trying to tell us. If we all master this art, our well-being would definitely improve and much unnecessary or unwanted sickness can be deterred.

Top of my resolution list this 2018 is to love myself. It's interesting because here comes this amazing opportunity for me to do just that. Test my understanding, mindfulness and what actions would I want to move forward with.

It is important to love ourselves because the truth is, we are the only ones we can depend on. Our thoughts and our actions are the only friends/family we have that are 100% within our control and would never let us down. They'd love us more than anyone else ever would. Hence it is important to form a good relationship with ourselves, cultivate self-love and be our own best friend.

Unless we think rightly about ourselves, we would be handicapped to think rightly about others. Compassion starts with me. We can't give others what we do not have. The amazing thing about life is that we attract who we are. The people we surround ourselves with mirrors us, mirrors our strengths and weaknesses. This is beautiful because it gives us opportunities to choose which values we want to improve in ourselves.

As long as we grow from our encounters and experiences, take one step forward to be better than yesterday, life is most beautiful.

When doing Nu Skin business, it is important to be authentic. Sincerely care about the people we meet, help them discover and create the best version of themselves. The money will come. Can you sincerely find it in your heart to do what is right, good and true to responsibly enrich the lives of clients, and balance enriching ourselves in the process, too?

I can. And I will. You can too. ❤

Melancholy just left me. How beautiful. 😄

Comments

Popular Posts