Project Butterfly Day 4: Celebrate your achievements and reconnect with the people you love, who loves you!

I am a strong believer that we should celebrate every little success. R buzzed me telling me that she truly enjoyed her time, driving, pumping gas and parking at the mall! In fact, she went to 2 different malls! The journey of a thousand miles, starts with a single step.. and she took multiple steps! I am SO PROUD OF YOU, babe!

She told me that she would be spending her day reconnecting with her family. I call them people you love, who loves you. It doesnt have to be immediate or blood-related family.. it could be friends, co-workers.. people you met, somehow or somewhere, and felt a connection. The extended family.

People come and go in our lives. I've read somewhere in someone's blog once (I remember his name as Dario.. but I cant remember the name of his blog :( He's a brilliant writer, though. I used to follow his work of art. This was years ago...). That people come into our lives for a season, reason or lifetime. Here's a poem that resonates well with this:

People come into your path for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you know which one it is, you will know what to do with that person.
When someone is in your life for a REASON it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a dificulty…
To provide you with guidance and support…
To aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually…

They may seem like they are a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then without any wrongdoing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die…
Sometimes they walk away…
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand….

What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled…
Their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has now been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON.
Because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons.
Things you must build upon to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind, but friendship is clairvoyant.
Thank you for being a part of my life…
Whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime

~ unknown author

I think it is important to reconnect. Especially if its with people that mean the world to you. And also with ourselves. We spend all our lives thinking about so many things, so many people.. bustling around people who mind (and dont matter.. because people who matter, dont mind) the things we do.. we get caught up with so much un-necessary stress and mindless chatter that we never stop to ask ourselves: "What do I want?"

The irony is that sometimes, we dont even know.

I'll leave you with this quote from Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady of Britain.



Now excuse me while I go reconnect with myself.





Luv, 
Jane 

Comments

Popular Posts