Everytime before I go to the gym..

The other day, NKF (National Kidney Foundation) came to my class for a Health Talk (invited by my students). Ms Yap, who is part of the Education Department of NKF gave a thorough explaination on the importance of kidney care, and how important it is for us to drink 3 litres of water everyday (flush toxins). She explained that 2 litres of water would come out in our motions (pee and poo) and 1 litre of water would come out from sweat. She also stressed that sweat from the sauna/steam room is not the same as physical exercise to work into sweat. (Thank you, Ms Yap and Team Constance of BECC Aug-Dec 2013 for organizing!)

With Ms Yap from National Kidney Foundation

With Team Lead of the CSR Project for NKF, Constance Yap
 and Ms Yap from National Kidney Foundation
Everytime, before I go to gym, I have this nagging thought that says "Lets go eat! I'm hungry. You're hungry!" If there exists a devil and angel on our shoulders, one of them is telling me to eat. It takes quite an amount of will power to push aside this voice. First, it's just a small little desire.. then saliva forms in the mouth, and every eatery becomes very very tempting. I dont know if you know what I am talking about... but trust me... it comes even if 5 minutes before deciding to go to gym, I was NOT hungry. 

This feeling lingers on for the next 20-30 minutes, and it is really a conquest by itself to just get over it. Once in the gym (I choose going for classes so that it would be harder not stay for the whole 60 minutes), and into the exercise, the hungry feeling goes away. 

It happened the first, 2nd, 3rd day I went to gym this week.. and it happened again today. Awareness is the key to self-improvement, you say? I think so too.. 

They say "Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going". Do I ever want to binge and throw in the towel..? Of course. Every minute. Every day. 

I binge most when I am alone. At home. At night. I stuff my face with whatever I can get my hands on. I love confectionary the best. I can gobble down a whole family size cadbury (black forest is my favourite) in one seating. No joke. 

So all you weight watchers out there.. it is the process that is the hardest. The every day, every minute, every second. Have a good lifestyle; have good supplements (I'm taking NuSkin ageLOC R² - gives energy to my mitochondria, increases my physical vigor and mental acquity, returns my cells back to its 20s); have a little help (I'm taking NuSkin Trimshake as meal replacement, and NuSkin ageLOC Body Galvanic Spa daily - gives me a nice firm tone, loses my stretch marks too.. and I have lots of them!), eat lean and move that body! (doesnt necessarily mean that you need to exercise vigorously.. just increase your steps and movement)

Drink lots of water.. 3 litres at least.. and remember.. 2 litres suppose to come out in our motions, and 1 litre from pure sweat ;) People with kidney failure cant drink water because their kidney cant process... makes me feel thankful that I can drink as much water as I want, really.  

Have a good week!





Luv, 
Jane 

Comments

Popular Posts