Drumming in the Creek

I met this guy called Azlan at a KickStart Lepak (www.kickstart.my) meet a few weeks ago.



He has his own Eco Village Homestay and farmstay facility at Kg Sg Penchala. A few days ago, he invited me for this "Drumming in the Creek" event, and initially, I thought of giving it a miss.. but what the heck! It is a Sunday (and YES, Ravissante The Beauty Shop is open on Sundays, and I do have a 2pm customer appointment to meet); and it was from 9.30am-1.30pm.


I went because I was interested in seeing his farm (cause I want to have my own edible garden and one for this community I am going to enhance). At 9.30am, I was at Kg Sg Penchala, but I didnt bring his address *dohh*; and thank goodness for smartphones, I managed to locate it. It's quite easy to find, really.. lesson learnt. Use technology ;)


I like the fact that across the Penchala Link highway, you cross this line and *poof* you're transported into a kampung. I was greeted with a pasar pagi, and a quaint little surau at the cross-junction. People riding around without helmets. A busy homey street like the ones available at my grandma's place in Kedah.

Maybe I am getting old. I am starting to appreciate Malaysia a lot more than I did when I was young ;)















I liked his homestay. I loved his hammock. So much so that I couldnt resist getting on it!







You would never imagine that smack inside a city is a place still blessed with nature. Houses with different shapes and sizes, surrounding each other.. and a river. A real river. 15 minutes from Ravissante The Beauty Shop. Gee.. all these while! A fantastic secret .. shhh :)

There was about 8 of us, later a couple and their daughter joined us. 1Malaysia at its best. Muhibbah betul! Imagine a group of people of different ages, backgrounds and religion coming together for one sole purpose. With an open mind. Watch a transformation. Share a moment. Letting your energy speak, through music made by the river... percussion with nature.. using nature.. the experience? Awesome!









Thank you Azlan for inviting me and introducing me to people like Hock, Sean, Audrey, Pascal, Luke.

As you can see, maybe karma has ripen :)  I'm definitely going to find my way back to that hammock :P





Luv, 
Jane

Comments

Popular Posts