Malala Yousofzai


A friend of mine, Ian K, shared this video over Facebook, and I spent the next 3:50 minutes watching her. Malala Yousafzai. I read about the Taliban who shot her in a school bus a year ago, but nothing more. After watching this video (you can watch it here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1399406500292519), I was compelled to read more about her. Who is she? What's her story?

I thought her answers were far more matured than her 16 years of life. There is something special about her. The aura that surrounds her.. the wisdom in her speech. My Pakistani friend Mehwesh stated that Malala (also Pakistani; read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malala_Yousafzai) was "surrounded by a lot of controversies"; none that I am aware of by the way. Mehwesh continued "...this girl still shines bright - hope she proves all her critics wrong ... Ameen :)"

I look at Malala, and I see a girl.. no a woman. A strong woman who, I hope, will change the world for all the oppressed Muslim women out there. With her strength and courage, surviving a bullet through her head, neck and shoulder, and still so poised without animosity to spread the message of peace and empowerment.

My first thoughts after watching this video was that she's a role model. An inspiration to Muslim women and all women in general around the world. Empowerment, support & education .. May peace be near; and that Malala be well and happy.





Luv, 
Jane 

Comments

Popular Posts