Your body does not determine your self worth

I have been fat all my life. Fat. Yes. Fat. My weight hovered around 75kgs at my heaviest, and 60kgs at my lightest. And like everyone else, I have battles with my weight. Sometimes I win.. most of the time I lose. Why I came to put up this post is because I read about Lady Gaga, and how paparazzis said that she was fat. Lady Gaga? Fat? No way! But I guess in the world of showbiz, you're either too skinny or you are fat.

Labels labels labels... do they damper your self worth?

Gaga did something revolutionary. Instead of being bullied into conformity of impossible standards, she stood up, embraced it and started a Body Revolution on her littlemonsters.com , encouraging everyone to love themselves and be brave when overcoming jabs on their physique. Gaga wrote on her Body Revolution page:

"My mother and I created the BORN THIS WAY FOUNDATION for one reason: "to inspire bravery." This profile is an extension of that dream. Be brave and celebrate with us your "perceived flaws," as society tells us. May we make our flaws famous, and thus redefine the heinous."

She encouraged her readers to be brave and post up pictures of themselves that "celebrates your triumph over insecurities" Fighting bulimia and anorexia since she was 15, Gaga is a role model to everyone.

The shape of your body, should not and does not, determine your self worth. If you are unhappy with your current physique, and you can do something about it, then do it if you want to. And only if YOU want to. There will be people who will like you, and people who will not like you, no matter what you do.

You can be whomever you want to be, and do anything your heart desires. It doesnt matter what shape or size you are or what are your personal preferences. You are worth it. Everyone is worth it. Dont let anyone else you otherwise.

Be proud of yourself. Be proud of your body. Embrace your body. And most importantly, Love Yourself.

I'll leave you with Lady Gaga's Born this Way. 



Stay Ravissante ya'll.






Luv,
Jane

Comments

Popular Posts