A lesson on friendship and entrepreneurship

It took me very long to understand this. Many years.

Entrepreneurship is challenging. When I started, I was unsure and I had this naive mentality hoping that people I come across would have my best interest at heart. Of course, I met many people and "experts" who were a waste of time and money. I realize that the fact is people don't really care about me. Yes. They don't. Only a small percentage would. Very small. A huge majority only care about themselves and what they can get out of me (be it $$, favours, free stuff). So I learn.

You see, we are conditioned with all these perception of what things should be. The fact is, people can think whatever they think and in case you are unsure; trust me. They already have a preset opinion about many things. We can't change their minds unless they want to change it. The most I can do is my part to educate and deliver information the best way I can. If they feel it is irrelevant to them and if we are good enough friends, they can tell me what they think (which in any case, everyone is entitled to their own opinion).

I believe that in life, it's important to surround ourselves with good friends (and yes, I do have a standard on what I deem good friends are). Surround ourselves with people that will support us instead of putting us down. Surround ourselves with winners with an abundance mentality instead of losers who only see scarcity.

You see, I prefer a selected number of friends of authenticity, integrity and responsibility. My task is to weed out liars and people of less integrity. I don't need everyone to like me. The fact is, everyone won't. All I need to do is become the best version of myself, and attract better people into my life. It doesn't matter how you see me. You are entitled to your opinion. What's most important, is how I see myself; and how my results/actions must match my thoughts.

For everyone of you who are struggling to find your footing, have a little faith. Work on yourself. Be the best you can be. Trust that whatever should happen, will happen. But one must do what one has to do. Best do it right and well. And truly, the only person you'd ever need to convince is yourself.


Comments

Popular Posts