When Passion meets Critics

I was sitting down with my friends yesterday; one who is starting a new business and the other, drawing the curtain close on his. Six years, truck loads of passion and much courage to call it quits. I'd say, learn the lessons, be glad that its game over and onwards to a new adventure! 💪

"The returns versus the effort is no longer worth it" he said. "It is very easy for outsiders to paint an opinion or blanket a conclusion when they were not there." I get what he means. Every business takes after the entrepreneur. It is our heart and soul. No one can (or should) deem it a failure. The venture might be over, but the learning and growth lives on. That's what life is about, right? To be better than yesterday.

One of the challenges that all entrepreneurs go through is the harsh critics that passes through our doors. He said "it's ok when its one or two, but day in and day out, that's a whole different ball game". I sympathise with him.

I had the same problems in my business. It becomes less of an issue over time, maybe because I grew more confident in my philosophy, my understanding of my business, what value I could deliver to my clients and a clearer picture of people's behaviour! You can never please everyone. I discovered that we should never be blackmailed or held hostage by anyone - be it clients, partners, supplier, friends or family.

At the end of the day, it is the power of choice. To stay or to go? To progress or to stay put? We do not owe anyone an explanation to our actions. As long as we maintain our authenticity, integrity and responsibility with the purpose to enrich others and ourselves; any action is a step in the right direction.

And that's the beauty of life, and growth. Don't you think?

Comments

Popular Posts