My date with 1MDC Stanley Chung

We often dream about having that millionaire dream. Daring to think about it is great, but actually achieving it is much better. Yesterday, we had the privilege of having Nu Skin 1MDC Stanley Chung grace the floor to share with us his story. (MDC = million dollar circle, means Nu Skin has paid these people USD1 million in total commission since the time they started the business)

His father manages 2 hospitals. He was an aspiring doctor, studied medicine at London. He shared his thoughts and insights to the doctor profession. What stood out to me the most was how we are often lead to believe things which are unreal. "Study hard, become a doctor", they said. In his first year at UK, he shared a moment with a senior in university, also studying medicine. The senior asked Stanley, "Which year are you in? First year? Go travel around before the real pressure kicks in." Then he shook his head before gulping down his drink with a weary look on his face. 

I remember once when I was in pre-university, my chemistry teacher told us stories of how her heart would sink of her son told her he wants to be a doctor. Back then, I never truly understood why until university time. It costs at least half a million ringgit to study medicine and be a doctor. If she had 3 children tell her they all want to be doctors, that's RM1.5 million. In debt before our careers even start, and it will take a very long time before that sum is accumulated back. 

Stanley shared a picture of a fresh medical intern on the left and a senior surgeon on the right, both walking the same hall with their necks facing the camera. "Same job", he says, "with a 10 year gap to get from intern to surgeon. The only difference is more stress and a longer lab coat." It made me realize how important it is to see far into the future of the paths we choose.
Stanley is one of Nu Skin's youngest millionaires. Starting the business at 23, at 33 (in 2016), he was recognized as 1MDC. 

When I started Ravissante, I remember thinking that I DO NOT want to wake up at 40, thinking I have everything but the cold hard truth is that I devoted my life to something that destroyed who I wanted to be. Shattered dreams, jaded life, a ghost of my former self. I am 3 years to 40. I have had my business for 11 years, and I am nowhere near being a millionaire from my traditional business.
The way I look at it, the stress will always be there, hard work is essential. Without good work ethics and discipline, we will NEVER achieve what we want. 

No effort = No Return

If I am going to put in so much effort into something, (and trust me, entrepreneurship does take a tell lot from a person) I sure as hell want to get a fairly decent return. At Nu Skin, I get better health, ageless beauty, uncommon freedom and exponential income. So much more rewarding than anything else I have ever done. No unnecessary stress from crazy bosses, no madness and drama from business partners who'd refuse to sign company checks, a healthy stress level where I can go forth and discover the best me, and help many people who are willing to learn/change to achieve the same. How awesome is that? 

Life is like that, really. Either we decide what we want and go get it or circumstances will beat us to a pulp. If you can decide who you get to be in 10 years, what is the best you? At Nu Skin, we are free to decide and make it happen.

Comments

Popular Posts